|Code of Conduct for ALL members
This Code of Conduct is an integral part of involvement with Girl Guides of
Canada - Guides du Canada (GGC). The code of conduct requires all
Members, all volunteers, all employees, and all parents and guardians of
1. Refrain from words, actions and behaviour - in any medium - that
demonstrates disrespect for other Members, volunteers, employees, or
the family members of such individuals.
2. Uphold GGC’s reputation and integrity by ensuring that their conduct,
whether in person, online, or otherwise, brings honour and dignity to GGC.
3. Be vigilant in ensuring an environment that is safe and protects girl and
adult Members, volunteers and employees from emotional, physical,
verbal and sexual abuse.
4. Respect other Members’, volunteers’ and employees’ rights to privacy
and the confidentiality of their personal information.
5. Act with honesty and integrity when dealing with property, monies and
any other assets belonging to GGC.
6. Respect and abide by the laws of Canada and of the relevant Province
7. Treat Members, volunteers, employees and Members’ families fairly,
knowing that GGC does not tolerate unlawful discrimination on the basis
of race, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, colour, religion, sex, age,
mental or physical ability, political beliefs, socio-economic status, health-
related status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other grounds
enumerated in the human rights legislation of the jurisdiction in which the
individuals involved are located.
In addition, Members, volunteers and Employees will:
8. Subscribe to the principles of the Promise and Law of GGC and
adhere to GGC’s bylaws, policies and procedures.
9. Fulfill their roles and responsibilities as stated in their position
descriptions (where applicable) and act within the limitations of their
authority in the discharge of their duties.
10. Diligently maintain the confidentiality of any information regarding
GGC that they have obtained in the course of performing their roles in
Guiding and that is not generally available to the public.
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada reserves the right to take
action regarding any breach of the Code of Conduct.